Wednesday, August 10, 2016

10/5 Report to Gray Hodgkinson

For my Research Project I am aiming produce three final stills that work together to tell a story and communicate a message. These works will be presented in a triptych format and show different stages in my final narrative. My project is heavily inspired by the palm oil industry and its effects on the environment and animals. I will be producing my works with 3D modeling and sculpting, possibly photography and image compositing. I am undecided if my finals will be animated stills or traditional stills -although I am leaning towards traditional stills. I will be using a character I designed in Digital Media Studio as a tool in helping me communicate my themes in my finals. 

As I am a non-honors student I have had to catch up a bit research wise. I was undecided if I was going to focus on dogs vs wildlife or palm oil/deforestation. I decided to focus on deforestation as it interests me more and I think it is a bigger problem in comparison. During my research I have been writing rough narratives to help push my ideas further. I have narrowed them down to one. I am in the process of fleshing it out and making sure it makes sense, is interesting, informs etc. My story will hopefully be fully finalized on Friday after I check it over with Caroline Campbell in the morning. I have been drawing up thumbnails and sketches of each still to help me nail composition and narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment